Nursery/Preschool: This class uses the Westminster Catechism for Kids. They learn songs and sing together. They will also memorize the Lord’s Prayer and various questions and answers from the Catechism for Kids.
1st – 3rd Grades: This group of children will be going through a book called Grandpa’s Box: Retelling the Biblical Story of Redemption by Starr Meade. This book helps to put familiar Bible stories and people in the context of the grand Story of Redemption.
4th – 6th Grades: The Most Important Thing You’l Ever Study: Bible Survey is the resource used for this class. It will help these children to become familiarized with Scripture, both Old and New Testaments. They will memorize the Apostle’s Creed; Ten Commandments; Heidelberg Catechism Question 1.
- We believe that our children are blessings from the Lord and that we are responsible to love, serve, teach, and train them .
- We know that our culture screams out to simply entertain children, but we believe there is too much at stake to adopt this simplistic approach to children.
- We want them to have a well formed and developed understanding of God, sin, salvation, identity, vocation, history, and culture.
- We desire that they would be well informed, articulate, and thoughtful about faith, life, work, and the world.
- We utilize a variety of curriculum to help us educate our children and teach them to interact with God, his church, and his world.
- The classes are designed to be age appropriate and faithful to their stage in the developmental process.
- We do not want to babysit children, we do not want to neglect children, and we do not want to bore children.
- We want them to grow to love the Lord, flourish in their callings, and love and serve their neighbor in light of who they are in Jesus Christ.
- None of these things happen without time, effort, and commitment.
- We are committed to our children and want to pass down the faith – from generation to generation.
Our children meet in various rooms at 9:00 – 10:00 a.m. for Sunday School. Classes do not meet in summer. (September – May)